We will hold a training day in our on Friday the 28th of August in the Claregalway Hotel, Claregalway Village, Galway, H91 XR8E, from 9.00AM to 5.00PM. We will adhere to all government guidelines and restrictions will be in place.
The course will focus on the installation of heat recovery ventilation systems, the concepts and the technology which go alongside. The instruction and guidance provided will be based on many years experience of designing, manufacturing, installing and commissioning of HRV systems.
A €50 fee is required to book your place please contact our head office on 091 739 442 before the 21st of August
To provide the course recipient with a basic understanding and appreciation of the following, as relevant to residential ventilation systems with heat recovery.
1. Correct utilisation of the terms used in the ventilation industry.
2. An overview of heat exchanger technology.
3. How to calculate air velocities given air flows and duct sizes.
4. System pressures and the consequences for efficiency.
5. Mould growth, its causes and prevention.
6. The hygroscopic properties of air as relevant to ventilation.
7. Efficiencies in fan and motor technologies.
8. How to design for comfort, in terms of airflow and air movement.
9. Design duct layouts which work, in a residential context.
10. Ventilation and acoustics.
11. Controls strategy for HRV.
12. Air purification and filtration.
The course will also help participants;
- Gain an appreciation of the relevant building regulations and codes.
- Inspire a confidence to convey to others the benefits of such systems and hence provide
It will also include practical tips on installation, design and commissioning of systems in various types of applications. The course will run from 10AM until 4PM and will include some of the following:
- The science behind air
- Basic building physics
- Building regulations applicable to HRV
- Ducting layout/Installation components
- Ducting system and design
- Fan selection and performance analysis
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)