Post Heater – Overview
Modern houses, due to improvements in the building regulation, have a very low heat demand. With the move towards Passive and NZEB houses this heat demand has reduced even further. This low heat demand allows houses to be heated via the ventilation system. ProAir have designed the ProAir Emitter to allow homeowners to provide heat to their home via the HRV ducting system.
A unit similar to a car radiator is installed into your ducting system which will provide the heating for your house. This ensures the maximum amount of heat can be transmitted with the minimum of resistance to air flow. The high efficiency emitter is double-pass for maximum heat extraction and is bypassed when not in use.
A sensor inside the MVHR unit will tell the high spec control board when to operate heat or not.
- Integrated into the ventilation system.
- No ancillary heating system needed if demand is low enough.
- Minimal maintenance.
- Low running costs.
- Totally silent operation.
- Download brochure here.
- Located adjacent to the HRV Unit.
- Expanded polyethylene casing to ensure high levels of insulation.
- Low energy EC motors.
- Double pass fan coil design.
- Thermostatically controlled.
- 2.8kw capacity @55˚C supply temperature.
- HRV Post Heater suitable for residential and small commercial.
- Fan Coil Pattern No: 9
- Rows Deep: 2
- Emitter body: Expanded polyethylene
- Total Capacity: 0.189 KW – 4.96 KW
- Control: Thermostatically Controlled
- Max Airflow: 323 m3/hr
We have HRV in our block-built house. Installed by Proair of Galway. Very professional and thorough job, highly recommended. Cost was c. 8k, but we have two units due to the size of the house. Been in constant operation since October, no issues so far. Complexity? Turn it on and leave it. When you have a shower/bath press boost. That’s it.
We also got ours from ProAir and are very happy with it. We were strapped for extra cash, but our geo-therm. guys recommended the MHRV as a way of making the whole system more efficient. No condensation is a great thing. Your house will be healthier overall.
Very happy with my ProAir Ventilation System. They system settings had to be changed to due the hot weather so Breda and Shane talked me through step by step on how to correct. They were extremely helpful. Superb customer service.